US$179 / 3 speedboat dives / 1 day
$25 for dive equipment rental
Dive these islands for the best chance of seeing sharks in Bali. Lots of big ocean fish and swirls of reef fish are everywhere. In areas battered by the currents the coral growth is stunted, but still healthy and full of life. In the more sheltered areas the corals can match those of Nusa Penida. Majestic underwater rock formations.
All these sites are prone to the strongest currents, which can then bring in some chilling water. This can cause temperatures to drop from the usual highs of around 28 degrees C down to the low 20°s instead. Very often great visibility, with calm conditions in the high tide window.
Special safety note
Because of strong currents and deep depths at these dive sites we require all divers to have at least 50 dives experience and to wear a dive computer. Dive computer rental is US$10 per day if you don’t have your own.
- 14-year accident-free record
- Diving in small groups
- All guides PADI Divemaster
- Medical oxygen every trip
- Clean air & clean tanks
- Well-maintained equipment
- New: In-water GPS radio
Included in every dive
- Hotel transfers (Sanur, Kuta, Seminyak & Nusa Dua)
- Lunch & soft drinks
- Tanks, weights & guide
- Free Nitrox 32% for 2 dives each day (if certified)
GILI MIMPANG: SHARK POINT & AROUND
A Shark Point deserving of its name. A beautiful site with very common sightings of White Tip Reef Sharks. Great corals & Barrel Sponges, usually very good visibility and so much to see. Bright yellow & black Sweetlips, more than holding-their-own against the currents. Sometimes Turtle and Napolean Wrasse. Frequent down-currents make this a site for serious divers only.
GILI TEPEKONG: BLUE HOLE, THE CANYON & AROUND
Just a few hundred metres from Gili Mimpang this offshore rocky outcrop has a number of generous sites. “The Canyon” was made famous in “Diving Bali” for being described as, ‘probably the single most dangerous site in Bali’. Dive it for the schools of Bumphead Parrotfish, for the Sharks, and for the surreal rock formations. “Blue Hole” is a short swim-through which exits out of a sheer wall. On good days you’ll exit into blue water, surrounded by swirling schools of Yellow and Gold Fusiliers.
GILI SELANG: SELANG ISLAND TO KUTUMANAK BEACH
Everything is big here; big fish, big Moray Eels, big Sharks and big currents. Midnight Snappers and schools of Tuna and Jacks. Good healthy coral bommies in the sheltered areas, stunted but strong if exposed to the ocean currents. Two of our Divemasters came across a school of Hammerheads here at 50m.
GILI BIAHA: SHARK CAVE & AROUND
A small wall, a rich slope, and a cave at 12m in which more often than not you can find White Tips. This cave is also home to a large population of lobsters. In rougher conditions access to the cave is impossible, though the rest of the dive site should still be accessible. Not only big pelagics but good reef fish too, with countless species of Butterflyfish & Fusiliers.
Video of Diving Gili Tepekong/ mimpang with Bali Scuba
Fill out the form and book now!
Give us as much information as you can.
How many divers?How many times have you dived before?Your certification level? When was your most recent dive? How many days can you dive? Which dates are you available? Know which dive site(s) or want our suggestion? Booked a hotel or want our suggestion?
- I'm really glad I did my PADI open water course with Bali Scuba. The safe and conducive environment made it easier for me to learn. I do feel that the two days in the pool is definitely helpful before venturing into the sea and the one-on-one training certainly helps a lot (and I'd recommend nervous students like myself to go for the one-on-one).I would definitely recommend Bali Scuba to my friends and I look forward to returning to do the advanced course soon!Many thanks!Yasmin – January 2015
- The open water course was really a breathtaking experience. The instructors Sunny and Chris were very good. The equipments and the scuba shop were excellent. Overall it was fantastic experience.Meetshah – April 2014
- I can't thank Landung and Bali Scuba enough for giving me a memorable first fun dive experience. I had the most wonderful time. Both proposed sites were awesome and it was really an amazing experience.Yasmin – April 2015
- The PADI Advance course was great and I'm certainly more confident with diving now!I really enjoyed taking the course with you guys and I would like to thank instructor Toto for his patience with us! He was very funny as well which made the whole experience a lot more pleasant, especially when some of us weren't very confident at the beginning :)Alex – July 2014
- I've been an enthusiast diver for 20 years and been diving around Indonesia with so many dive operators and I would say that Bali Scuba is on my top list.The service is excellent. Reliable. The staff is great. The dive master is professional. I'll surely go with you again next time I plan to dive in Bali and will recommend you to my others fellow diveYildes – December 2014
- I was booked with Bali Scuba for 2 periods of diving in September last year and I had the best dive trip in my life.Cecilia was excellent in arranging everything for me. I think having her on board is a valuable asset to Bali Scuba. It really helps that most of the staff can speak English and helped us with looking at our gear (which had been damaged!) and keeping us safe even before we got into the water.Bagong was an excellent DM - Going slow and searching for critters when he brought us to Tulamben, Seraya and Padang Bai.Gabriel – February 2015
- Our rescue course was great! We couldn't and wouldn't ask for more when we have such an interesting and humorous instructor, Toto. It was definitely a great time with Bali Scuba. :)Anna – March 2015
- I did want to make sure that I let you know that I have a great experience with you. Your communication all along was great, from the booking right down to calling the hotel to let us know you were running a bit late in picking us up on the day we went to Tulamben.The refresher course was great, as were the dives at Tulamben. After the course, and due to your staff's competence, I felt very comfortable on the dives. We were prompted to do buddy checks.I hope I have the opportunity to dive with you again.Wendy – May 2015
- Definitely the best organised, cleanest, newest and efficient team and centre I have seen in Bali.Loved the lunch, new car, dive spot in Nusa Penida etc. driving back and through white caps was handled expertly too. well done!Elaine – January 2014
- I truly enjoy my experience learning diving with Bali Scuba, hope I can come back to Bali soon again for another dive. My dive instructor, Farish, is amazing and he had so much patience in guiding me even though at my first ocean dive I felt like giving up but he stayed on encouraging me, and work with my pace till I am confident enough to counter my fear of open water.Michelle – May 2015
- From when we were picked up from the airport to our last night with you everything was really good. The diving was amazing, the staff were all super friendly, the accommodation was good and the food was superb. Everything was at a high standard and it was great to see. Will defiantly recommend you to friends and be back to dive with you againNeal – October 2013
- Me and my girlfriend did the 3 day 7 dive package including her PADI deep diver course. The service from start to finish was excellent, good communication, great guides, good food and really looked after us. Lili and Landung were very good and made sure we didn't miss a thing. Would highly recommend Bali Scuba to anyone!Phil – September 2014
- Overall it was a fun and interactive course. The instructor was very encouraging and guided us closely during our theory , closed water and open water exercises/skills. I can see he is dedicated to his work. The staff members in BaliScuba were indeed friendly and it made the whole atmosphere at the centre so much relaxed and easy to concentrate on the course. I cant say anything negative at this point of time really. Its been a great experience for me personally and the whole setup was indeed professionally done from the first email i sent out till our last dive in Tulamben. Well done Bali Scuba Team.Darren – May 2015