Do you know your port from your starboard? Do you know where the ‘Head’ of the boat is and what it’s used for? Do you know what a trip line is?
These are all things you will learn on the PADI Boat Diver Specialty Course as well as 3 seriously fun dives at Nusa Penida (some of the best dive sites in Bali) with your PADI instructor, diving from one of the Bali Scuba’s powerful 400HP diving speedboats
The PADI Boat Specialty course is 2 dives, but we include a 3rd dive with your PADI Instructor and we give you an SMB (Surface Marker Buoy) to keep well as hands on experience using it, essential for boat diving as the boat needs to see you to pick you up.
What you will learn
- Different methods of boat entries and exits
- Use of lines and other safety gear
- Boat terminology
- Correct etiquette (you don’t want to upset the captain!)
- Hazards and safety considerations
- Junior Open Water Diver or above
- At least 10 years old
- Instruction with PADI Instructor
- PADI Boat Diving Specialty manual
- PADI certification fee
- Three fast speedboat dives
- Full equipment (excluding computer)
- SMB to keep
- Tanks & weights
- Free Nitrox 32% for 2 dives (if certified)
- Lunch & soft drinks
- Hotel pick up & drop back
If you don't have PADI Advanced Open Water yet the first dive of this boat diving specialty course can count towards the 5 dives you need to become PADI Advanced Open Water diver.
This boat diving specialty course can count towards the 5 specialty courses you need to become a Master Scuba Diver.
If most of the dives you have done have been shore dives, or if you plan to do a lot of boat diving in the future, the PADI Boat Diver Specialty course will give you the skills and knowledge you need. Fill in the form below with as much information as you can and we'll get back to you with details of how to confirm your booking and answer any questions you have.