PADI Sidemount course in Bali
The PADI Sidemount Diver Course is designed to train certified divers how to safely utilise side-mounted cylinders as an alternative to the traditional back-mounted configuration.
Although sidemount originated with cave diving there are many benefits for the recreational diver
- Ability to fully reach and manipulate valves and regulators. What was once difficult to control and reach behind the shoulder, is now right in front of you.
- Increased gas supply, with two tanks you double the volume. Especially when diving with enriched air nitrox, you can fully take advantage of the increased no stop time.
- Completely independent tanks and therefore gas supply. There is no one failure that will eliminate more than 1/2 of your remaining gas.
- No entanglement areas are behind your back. Think about wrecks that you could be exploring with dangling ropes and fishing nets that can snag on a backmounted tank.
- A more streamlined profile that reduces drag and makes moving through the water easier and more efficient, and makes trim adjustment easier.
- Sidemount configurations can be completely customized to fit an individual, and they can be used for all forms of advanced diving such as with wrecks, technical, and caves.
- Easier to carry tanks to the water, for fills, etc. This can be especially beneficial for those with injuries or disabilities where the weight of a backmounted tank(s) can be a stress, or simply impossible on long or steep walks. Sidemounted tanks can be carried to the water separately, and then just attached to the harness in the water.
- Travelling divers can use any set of rental tanks without changing their configuration.
The sidemount course consists of 1 day theory and pool session and then the 2nd day 3 awesome dives and one of Bali’s best diving sites, Nusa Penida.
What you will learn:
- Learn and practice the skills required to manage the gas supply using separate primary cylinders.
- Learn and practice skills required to plan and make recreational no stop sidemount dives.
- Learn and practice emergency procedures using the sidemount configuration.
- Your instructor has the benefit of experience diving the sidemount configuration, and can share tips and best practices that will benefit you!
- Learn about specialised sidemount systems available today, configuration options, optimal adjustments for fit and trim.
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver
- At least 15 years old
- all class sessions, pool dives & ocean dives
- all tanks needed for the course
- enriched air nitrox if certified
- PADI certification fee
- lunch & soft drinks on course days
- all transport for the course
Equipment rental is an additional charge but the great thing is that if you rent any sidemount equipment from us but then decide to buy it from us instead we will fully refund your rental fee. This is a great way to try your sidemount equipment first before making the commitment to purchase it.
If you don't have PADI Advanced Open Water yet the first dive of this Sidemount Diver Specialty course can count towards the 5 dives you need to become PADI Advanced Open Water diver.
This sidemount diving specialty course can count towards the 5 specialty courses you need to become a Master Scuba Diver
Complete the form below and let us know how many days you plan to dive in Bali. We'll get back to you with a suggested itinerary including the PADI Sidemount Diver course and any other advanced dive courses that interest you