Australian Dive Centre in Bali
Local Knowledge Combined with Australian Standards
Did you know that Bali Scuba is the only 100% Australian owned PADI 5* IDC Dive Centre in Bali?
Australia has the highest dive safety standards in the world and Bali Scuba’s Australian owners bring with them the same exacting standards to Bali.
Local Knowledge and Our Amazing Team
“We are extremely fortunate to have our amazing Bali Scuba dive team which is made up of Indonesian PADI Divemasters and Instructors. We pride ourselves on hiring the best local staff possible because they bring with them what no foreigner can – local knowledge and years of diving in the waters around Bali. As a PADI 5* Instructor Development Centre we also have a PADI Course Director on site (the highest level of instructor possible) which means that our team are constantly exposed to instructor training which keeps their skills fresh and up to date with all PADI Standards and Regulations. This is all supported by our incredible facilities”.
Read on to find out more about the steps we take to ensure you the safest, most fun and most professional diving trip in Bali:
Australian Safety Standards At Bali Scuba:
– Professional Divemasters and Instructors: All of our dive team are PADI certified and have 1000’s of dives here in Bali under their belt. We don’t cut corners by using unqualified “dive guides”. All of our dive staff receive regular training and updates regarding emergency situations, first aid and CPR.
– Small groups: We have a maximum ratio of 4 divers to one Divemaster or Instructor. Not only does this increase safety, it gives you a more personalised service. In cases where we have junior divers we reduce numbers even more.
– Oxygen and First Aid Kits: All of our trips carry full first aid kits and emergency O2 which our staff are trained to use.
– Nautilus lifelines for drift diving: At sites such as Nusa Penida and Gili Tepekong you will be drift diving and the surface currents are not always the same as the underwater direction. For that reason all Divemasters and Instructors on drift dives carry GPS tracking devices which also allow for radio contact so you’ll always be able to communicate with the boat.
– All Divemasters have SMB’s and whistles: No matter where you are diving, drift or not, our team has strict policies on monitoring dives and signal procedures.
– Minimal Requirements for dive sites: Some Bali dive sites are renowned for their amazing pelagic sightings. Pelagic predators such as sharks, as well as pelagic plankton feeders such as the mola and manta rays, are most frequently spotted at dive sites with currents as these areas attract the most small fish (prey) and plankton blooms. We want everyone to have the best chance of seeing manta, mola and sharks in comfort. For this reason we offer a private guide service so those with less than 25 dives (Nusa Penida) or 50 dives (Gili Tepekong) still have the chance to see these amazing marine creatures in comfort and safety.
– Spare equipment and parts: All of our trips go out with professional repair kits and spare parts so in an emergency you are covered and can continue your day of diving.
– Scuba Refresh – If you haven’t dived recently we understand you might feel rusty. To ensure you have a great day out we offer the choice of a private guide or a pool refresher course to get back into the swing of things. Taking a refresh will increase your confidence and enhance your experience.
– Facilities – All of our facilities are onsite so nothing gets lost in communication. Our dive training pool is the biggest in Bali and has a 4 metre deep area so you can really train in it and include realistic ascents and descents. It has sloping levels to ease you in to deeper areas. Our kit room, technicians, compressors, shop and office are all under one roof – which is also home to our classrooms, chill out areas and offices. Everything is on one spot which makes means you’ll always be able to find what you need or someone to help you.
Not only do we offer great trips, excellent service and the best facilities in Bali, we also love to have fun. You’re on holiday so the work is done by us – all you need to do is relax and enjoy great diving.
Whether you are taking a PADI dive course or trip in Bali our team has a fun and friendly personality. In true Australian style we’re always happy to sit down with a cold drink at the end of the day with you, relax, fill in log books, look at your pictures and reminisce about the fish which keep getting bigger and bigger!
Looking for Christmas discounts in Bali? Check out our Christmas is Coming Early Discount – save up to 25% on diving trips and courses, FREE gear hire and FREE Bali Scuba T-shirt too.
Our team of Balinese dive Divemasters and Instructors love teaching children so if you are planning a family Christmas holiday to remember, there is no better time to book now.
We look forward to seeing you soon in Bali!