PADI Sidemount Course
With two tanks you always have a backup air supply
Change your style of diving forever
Free your movement
Learn from the best!
PADI Sidemount course
- Duration: two days
- Course: class & pool sessions and three ocean dives
- Dives: 3 dives
- Location: Sanur Reef
- PADI Certification: YES
- Starting day: when you are ready
What are the requirements?
- 15 years old
- AOW – If you don’t have AOW yet the first dive of this Sidemount Diver Specialty course can count towards the 5 dives you need to become PADI Advanced Open Water diver.
- Good physical condition
- Check the diver medical form HERE
Price & inclusions
- PADI Sidemount Course: IDR 5,675,000
- Inclusions: Hotel transfers (Kuta, Sanur, Seminyak, Nusa Dua areas), PADI manual & certification fee, Razor sidemount harness & Tec regulator rental, lunch & drinks, fresh towel, Free Nitrox 32% (if certified)
- Extra charge for other equipment rental (if required)
What is the PADI Sidemount Course?
This course will bring you to another way of diving and setting up your equipment.
It’s an introduction to the configuration and benefits of Sidemount equipment for recreational diving. Usually the scuba tanks are on your back when you dive.
With the Sidemount Course, you will learn different things:
- The Sidemount configuration – tanks can be at your side, below your shoulders or next to your hips
- How to manage the gas supply using two separate tanks
- How to plan and make recreational no-stop dives
- Emergency procedures
- Equipment systems and configuration options
- Optimal adjustments for fit and trim
Most importantly you will benefit from the experience of your Instructor. You’ll get advice, hints and tips about the best configurations and advice on equipment purchase.
What are the advantages of the PADI Sidemount Course?
There are many beneficial reasons of taking this diving program:
- Safety: with two tanks you always have a backup air supply. Eliminate the danger of entanglement. It’s easier to reach your valves and regulators. No need to reach behind your shoulder. Your valve is now right in front of you.
- Longer dives: You dive with two tanks so get longer dives. Get maximum benefit from Nitrox. With longer dives you can fully take advantage of the increased no-stop time that enriched air allows. The streamlined profile reduces drag and makes moving through the water easier and more efficient. You will use less energy so your air will last longer.
- Customization: Fat, thin, tall, short. Sidemount equipment is configured exactly to suit your body. Adjust your equipment for all forms of advanced diving. Wreck diving, technical diving, caverns or caves.
- Comfort: this technique reduces lower back strain. Indeed, as the cylinder is at your side, it instantly takes the pressure off of your back and gives you more flexibility to move while diving.