Dive Gili Tepekong and Mimpang in BaliDon't miss Bali's best site for experienced divers
Best chance of seeing sharks in Bali
Seasonal Mola from July to October
Adrenaline pumping currents, big fish, non-stop action
Gili Tepekong and Mimpang highlights
Dive Gili Tepekong and Mimpang for Bali’s most exhilarating dives for experienced divers. Adrenaline pumping currents, hoards of fish, mola mola, sharks, passing pelagics and an epic day out.
This is one of Bali’s best diving locations and due to the currents bringing in nutrient rich waters you’ll find an abundance of marine life like nowhere else. As these sites are best suited to divers with more than 25 dives experience you’ll also find few other boats and divers – this is Bali diving at it’s best!
Look out for seasonal mola from July to November, schooling mackerel and fusiliers in the blue, predatory tuna and barracuda and explore the shark cave. The underwater topography around these rocky islet sites is rugged and bold with canyons, drop offs and vibrant corals. These dive sites don’t disappoint!
Please note: 25 logged dives are required and divers must have dived within the last 6 months. We keep our group number small (max 4 divers to 1 PADI Divemaster).
If you do not have 25 logged dives or haven’t dived recently we can send a private guide with you fo IDR 800,000.
All Tepekong trips are 3-dive trips and you’ll be guaranteed an exciting day out.
We’ve been doing this for more than 19 years and we know how to keep you safe.
- All Bali Scuba boats are equipped with emergency oxygen, modern first-aid kits and life jackets. All Instructors and Divemasters are trained in emergency first-aid.
- Every day diving with Bali Scuba you will be presented with a thorough dive and safety briefing (often with some local history).
- All of our rental BCDs have a safety sausage and whistle for use in an emergency.
- All of our Instructors, Divemasters and boat crew have years of local experience diving in Nusa Penida.
- Max ratio: four divers for one Divemaster
- We do not mix experienced divers and beginners
Getting to Gili Tepekong and Mimpang
We’ll pick you up from your hotel in south Bali in the morning (free from Sanur, Seminyak, Kuta, Nusa Dua and Legian) and bring you to our dive centre in Sanur. After checking your gear we’ll drive to Padang Bai (approx. 1 hour by car) and then we use local boats to reach the sites.
Gili Tepekong and Mimpang Prices
IDR 2,500,000 for three dives
IDR 400,000 for dive equipment rental
- Included: PADI Divemater as guide, lunch and soft drinks, towels, door-to-door transfers (most destinations South Bali)
- No hidden extras!
- Special bonus: free Nitrox for 2 dives, for any diver with Nitrox certification
- Are you are Divemaster or Instructor? Ask us about our Pro discounts!