Why should I take the PADI Divemaster course in Bali?
Taking you PADI Divemaster course in Bali is the beginning of your life as a PADI Pro. If you want to change careers, live the life you have always dreamed of, build your self confidence or just challenge yourself, then taking your PADI Divemaster course in Bali is the way to start – and you’ll never look back!
- Get a dive job and become a PADI pro. Grab the opportunity to earn a living doing something you love and that others only dream about. Work your way around the world. Follow the sun.
- Share your passion with others. Become a mentor, a leader and a respected PADI dive professional.
- Upgrade your dive theory and fine-tune your dive skills. You’ll be amazed at how much progress you make. It’s our guarantee that you’ll leave Bali Scuba a safe, capable and confident diver.
- Do something different, challenge yourself, and take what may be a life-changing step.
- Do lots and lots of diving, meet new people and make new friends.
Who can join the PADI Divemaster course?
You don’t need to be an expert diver to join the PADI Divemaster course. Join it because you want to become an expert diver. As long as you are 18 years or older the divemaster program is right for you.
What are the requirements to join the PADI Divemaster course?
- Be a Rescue Diver (PADI or any other dive agency)
- Have at least 40 dives experience
- Have CPR and First Aid training within the past 24 months
Don’t worry if you don’t meet all these criteria. Get in touch and we’ll create a program that includes everything you need.
Can I join if I’m a complete beginner?
Yes you can.
Zero to Hero! How does that sound? Start as a complete beginner and leave as a professional PADI Divemaster and a new career. It’s intense but fun and you will have a lot of laughs with your classmates and Instructor along the way.
You will begin your Dive master internship program by taking the PADI Open Water Course – this is the first level of diver and you’ll start by learning in the pool before making your first 4 ocean dives (up to 18 meters). Once you have passed your PADI Open Water you’ll move on to take the PADI Advanced Course which will develop your skills, increase your knowledge and certify you to dive to 30 meters! The next step is to start thinking about other divers so you’ll take the PADI Rescue Diver program and EFR (Emergency First Response Medic Course).
In addition to the dive courses you’ll be spending a lot of time going out on trips with our own Bali Scuba PADI Divemasters and Instructors learning what they do, helping our guests and making some incredible dives!
A PADI Divemaster can also assist Instructors during PADI training courses so you’ll get hands-on practice with real students in our pool and out on ocean dives. You’ll learn the skills and techniques needed to safely look after other divers, and you’ll be challenged on a daily basis in real-life situations – it takes hard work but it also involves a LOT of fun and you’ll meet people from all over the world!
Are There Any Requirements?
To enter the course you need to be able to swim and be at least 18 years old. You’ll need to get clearance to dive from a doctor either in your home country or we can help arrange it quickly and cheaply here in Bali.
We want to make sure that you receive value for money and that you have everything you need to become the best PADI Divemaster you can. In every Divemaster program we provide you with the following – all included in the price:
- We give you unlimited diving – at least 60 dives at Bali’s best dive sites plus unlimited pool dives!
- All PADI courses inc. PADI Open Water course, PADI Advanced Open Water course, PADI Rescue Diver course, PADI Medic (EFR) course and PADI Divemaster course – all of the PADI manuals are yours to keep!
- Basic Diving and Safety Equipment inc. mask & snorkle, fins & booties, Suunto dive computer, dive knife and safety signalling sausage – all for you to keep!
- We’ll also give you free BCD, regulator and wetsuit rental for the full 8 weeks.
- We also include numerous “extras” which are not officially required but we do this to increase your skills and because we believe in going “the extra mile”. You’ll receive, for free, a Tec diving try-out, underwater photography try-out, tips for guiding underwater photographers workshop, compressor use workshop and practice sessions, a maintain your regulator workshop and a free underwater video camera (GoPro) try-out!
How long does the PADI Divemaster course in Bali take?
The PADI Divemaster course in Bali takes 14 days. This is long enough to meet all requirements for the PADI Divemaster course and become certified as a PADI dive professional.
But longer is definitely better. You don’t want to meet the requirements, you want to exceed them. You want to be the very best Divemaster you can.
Here at Bali Scuba we charge a basic price for the 14-day Divemaster express program. Then we offer additional weeks and charge an additional fee for each extra week you can stay. Why take additional weeks?
- do lots more great diving (the diving in Bali really is world-class, the best in the region)
- improve your air-consumption, your buoyancy, your general diving skills
- get more hands-on experience guiding divers in the ocean
- get more hands-on experience helping students in the pool
- get more hands-on experience assisting Instructors on dive courses in the ocean
- meet more friends, have more fun, more excitement and more laughter
- who doesn’t want to spend more time in Bali?
How many dives will I do?
If you take just the basic 14-day Divemaster express program you’ll do 10-15 ocean dives. The longer you stay, the more dives you will do. Any additional weeks you stay will be packed full of diving.
What will I learn during my PADI Divemaster course in Bali?
You’ll dramatically improve your own diving skills. That’s the biggest benefit of taking the PADI divemaster course in Bali where you can experience a range of diving conditions. You’ll develop better buoyancy, better movement in the water, you’ll dive more calmly and more confidently. You’ll learn how to navigate on a dive instead of always following-the-leader. You won’t fear getting lost or getting left behind. Your air-consumption will improve. Won’t it be great to be the last in the group to run out of air instead of the first? You’ll learn how to read the currents and understand the tides. You will leave Bali with the skills and confidence to dive in even the strongest currents.
You’ll dramatically improve your own diving knowledge. About currents, about equipment. About the human body and how diving affects it. About depth and pressure and the air we breathe. Most importantly you’ll learn about decompression sickness (‘the bends’): the signs and symptoms, how to avoid it and how to treat it.
You’ll learn about our beautiful oceans. How precious and fragile they are and how to protect them.
What will I do on the Divemaster program at Bali Scuba?
Each day will be different. Your PADI Divemaster course in Bali will be the training and trip of a lifetime.
Bali Scuba is a thriving tropical dive centre. This means you’ll have the widest choice of activities to choose from. Join trips, guide divers, give dive briefings, and help beginners master their skills. You’ll learn the skills and understand the responsibilities of supervising students and certified divers. You’ll work intensively with your own Instructor to fine tune your own dive skills. You’ll study the theory and we guarantee you’ll pass your exam. You’ll learn about equipment and tanks and how to fill them. You will even get a taste of underwater photography and technical diving.
How about the diving?
You will do some world-class diving during your PADI Divemaster course in Bali. Shipwrecks, Manta, and amazing fish and corals. The dive sites in Bali are rich, healthy and vibrant. Think we’re exaggerating? Take a look at this 2-minute video which shows the highlights of Bali diving.
When can I start?
We look forward to welcoming you whenever you can come.
How about accommodation during the course?
We can book accommodation near our dive centre based on your budget. Prices start from about USD 15 per night / USD 400 per month. There are various accommodations near our dive center. All have own bathroom, some with hot water, some with cold water, some with air-con, some fan-cooled, some with kitchen, some with bedroom only. After you confirmed your Divemaster course our Reservation Crew will work with you to book something suitable before you arrive.
Do I need a visa to enter Indonesia?
Visitors from most countries can stay in Bali for up to 60 days without needing to apply any visa in advance. We suggest you check with Indonesian Consulate in your country before flying to Bali.
Do I need to get a medical certificate?
Yes you do. You can either get one in your own country or we can take you to a doctor here in Bali.
What’s the best time of year to take my PADI Divemaster course in Bali?
It’s great all year round here. Unlike other Asian dive destinations we don’t have a monsoon season and so we never close. The best months are usually April to October to avoid the rain, but even in the rainy season (November to March) it doesn’t rain all day or every day.
For more info about taking your Divemaster course in Bali check out our Bali FAQ
What is the Bali Scuba cancellation and refund policy?
We’re flexible. If you can’t finish the course for any reason we will refund accordingly.
Why chose Bali Scuba for my PADI Divemaster course?
Bali Scuba is Bali’s premier dive training facility. We’re a PADI Career Development Center (a higher level than PADI 5 star). This means we focus on dive pro training and train the Instructors that the other dive centers use. We’re a multiple PADI award-winner. In fact we are the proud holders of PADI “Outstanding Contribution to Instructor Development” award.
We have been here in Bali for for more than 15 years. This makes us one of the most experienced dive operators in Indonesia. Trust our experienced and well-trained staff and our safety-first procedures.
We’re based in Sanur, Denpasar. It’s one of the most pleasant places in Bali to stay but just 20 minutes from the airport. Find out more about Sanur and the rest of Bali by checking our FAQs page.
How much does the PADI Divemaster course cost?
IDR 27,600,000 for 14 action-packed days.
This price includes a brand new dive computer, mask & snorkel, fins & booties, dive knife, safety signalling sausage and compass (all worth more than IDR 7,600,000) and all your PADI Divemaster materials (worth IDR 4,000,000) to keep.
Want to stay longer? For each additional week we only charge IDR 3,300,000! This is great value and only applies to people taking the PADI Divemaster course with Bali Scuba
- Airport pick up
- Daily lunch & drinks
- All PADI materials
- Mask & snorkel
- Fins & booties
- Dive computer
- Dive knife, safety signaling sausage, compass
- Free rental BCD, regulator, wetsuit
- Free Wi-Fi in our dive center
- Lots of diving!
The opportunity to try out the following:
- Tec diving try-out
- Underwater photography try-out
- Tips for guiding underwater photographers workshop
- Compressor use workshop and practice sessions
- Maintain your regulator workshop
Can I get a discount on dive equipment?
Yes you can. You’ll get 20% discount on Aqualung and ScubaPro dive gear. We also offer great discounts other dive course for anybody taking their Divemaster course here at Bali Scuba.
Can I get a discount on the PADI Instructor course (IDC)?
Yes you can. You can 10% discount on your IDC if you take the PADI Divemaster course here at Bali Scuba.
To take the first step in your dive pro training contact our team with your bookings or questions now.
- To help you get oriented when you first arrive we’ll pick you up from the airport for free and every day lunch and soft drinks are provided for free and we’ll give you access to our WiFi for free so you can keep in touch with friends and family back home!
When Can I Start and Where Do I Stay?
You can start your PADI Divemaster course in Bali at any time and we’ll help you decide the best visa depending on your nationality. Our staff will be happy to arrange accommodation nearby to suit your budget so really, all you need to do is book your flight and we’ll take care of everything else!
So whether you are planning a long holiday or gap year, a career break or change, looking for something to do when your travelling or maybe you just want to challenge yourself – the Zero to Hero program is a lifetime experience and for many people a life changing experience! Are you ready?
Don’t just think it, do it! Don’t just dream it, live it!
Got more questions?
Check out our PADI Divemaster course in Bali FAQ